Problem: You’re trying to text a friend while on the move and have a bad case of fumbling fingers.
Solution: Don’t type, just Swype. With quick and easy Swype gestures, you’ll be able to send that text in seconds.
Swype gestures are shortcuts on the Swype keyboard that help you quickly accomplish common tasks such as inserting punctuation, and highlighting, cutting, copying, and pasting text. Follow these simple tips to:
- Insert Punctuation: Swype from the comma, period, or other punctuation marks to the Space key. The punctuation and a space will enter automatically.
- Select All: To select all of the text you entered, just Swype from the Swype key to the ‘A’ key on the keyboard.
- Copy: Highlight to select the text, then Swype from the Swype key to the ‘C’ key on the keyboard.
- Cut: To cut text, highlight to select the text, then Swype from the Swype key to the ‘X’ key on the keyboard.
- Paste: To paste text after performing a gesture to ‘Copy’ or ‘Cut’ the text, Swype from the Swype key to the ‘V’ key on the keyboard.
With these tricks up your sleeve, you’ll be a Swype ninja in no time.
Differentiate Yourself with Shared Intelligence
Swype’s easy and fast gestures help you stay connected with friends and family while on the go.
Try the new, smarter Swype now. Download the latest version of Swype and experience it for yourself.
Stay tuned for more ‘How To’ tips and tricks each week on our blog.