What does your App do?
iConx is a native iPad app optimized for use with the NextGen electronic health record (EHR). iConx connects with the NextGen database to provide the user with a simple, engaging interface to the patient’s clinical information. iConx is optimized to display data in a manner that enhances workflow by limiting the number of screens required to display patient information. Patient safety is improved by reducing the risk of missing critical information. Beginning this summer, we are introducing the integration of mobile speech recognition powered by Nuance Healthcare into iConx, which will allow the provider to input clinical data directly into templates in NextGen.
Who uses your App?
iConx is designed for users of the NextGen EHR in any medical specialty.
What are the top 5 features/benefits of your App?
- Timeline – Clinical data is displayed chronologically on an interactive timeline. Icons on the timeline can be tapped to open the document. This innovative display of data allows visualization of relationships between clinical events that might not be recognized using traditional interfaces.
- Scribble Pad – The scribble pad allows the user to take notes during the patient visit for later reference. The user can create custom backgrounds for the scribble pad, allowing the continued use of familiar forms and order sheets.
- Access – iConx allows access to the NextGen EHR anywhere there is a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
- Security – Multiple layers of security assure that access to patient data is safe at all times. No data is saved on the iPad and SSL encryption is available.
- Integrated speech recognition powered by Nuance Healthcare – The integration of voice recognition allows input of clinical data into the EHR, both as a complete clinical note and as discrete data into specific custom templates. Our implementation of Nuance Healthcare’s cloud-based speech technology is unique in its ability to allow the provider to browse the chart while dictating.
How does medical speech recognition from Nuance Healthcare improve clinical workflow and patient care in your App?
Optimization of workflow is a key metric for any clinical practice. The use of iConx with Nuance 360 mobile dictation improves the provider’s visualization of clinical data and speeds the input of new data. This returns the focus of the office visit back to the patient, greatly improving satisfaction for both the provider and the patient. By allowing the provider to browse the patient’s laboratory reports, imaging results and scribble pad notes while dictating, the accuracy of clinical document is greatly improved.
What devices/platforms (iOS, Android, Browser, Desktop) are supported by your App?
iConx is optimized for iOS on the iPad.
Company: iConx — http://www.iconx-solutions.com/