With the everyday hustle and the ever-changing healthcare landscape, it can become easy to overlook those programs and teams who are constantly monitoring data, checking accuracy and ensuring vital patient information meets quality and compliance measures. But the reality is that clinical data and the health information management (HIM) professionals who oversee just that have a critical job to do when it comes to information governance – an issue that can impact both individual patient care and larger population health management.
In honor of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) 2013 conference at the end of the month, we’re highlighting five HIM and health IT thought leaders who are helping to address some of the key industry challenges:
In addition to these thought leaders, we’ve also identified some must-see speaking sessions at AHIMA. One of the key themes at AHIMA will be advancing the future of HIM and these experts offer speaking tracks that will help HIM leaders take the driver’s seat when it comes to spearheading an evolution in healthcare:
- Information Governance: A Special Discussion
- Clinical Language Understanding: Don’t Underestimate its Power
- Coders Learn Coding by Coding – How to Prepare Coders for ICD-10
- The Digital Omnivore: How to Effectively Leverage Smartphones, Tablets and Computers
- Preparing Physicians for the ICD-10 Transition: Philosophy, Approach & Methodology
To see the full list of presenters, check out the AHIMA schedule and be sure to visit us at booth #1226!