We recently spoke with team at Bizmatics, Inc. to learn about their latest app, PrognoCIS.
What does this app do?
The PrognoCIS iPhone app gives physicians mobile access to the PrognoCIS EMR, and empowering them to provide timely and efficient patient care. Its critical features are:
- Quickly register a patient
- View Patient’s demographic details
- View scheduled appointments
- Perform patient encounters – including physicals, review of systems ROS, assessment, document procedures, chief complaints, past medical history (PMH), etc.
- Dictate notes for patient care, which automatically get transferred to the patient’s chart
- View lab and radiology results
- View and exchange messages between patients and clinical teams
- Prescription refills
What challenges or needs did you see/experience in the healthcare industry that drove you to build this application?
Change is constant, and with mobility being a key component of healthcare’s future, we developed an app that caters to the needs of increasing number of physicians who use smart phones to stay connected. The PrognoCIS iPhone app connects them to their patients’ medical records, helps them provide high-quality care when patients contact them outside office hours, and in a way that is intuitive, easy-to-use, and reliable.
What is the big “A-ha! moment” for your end users when you first demo your app for them?
Physicians react very positively to the being able to view their patients’ lab results, document encounters, including the assessment, via the app.
What inspires you when creating a mhealth app?
Being in the healthcare domain, we understand the importance of time for physicians. We believe in staying abreast of the latest industry developments, and are constantly researching, developing, and adding features that are convenient, and that are backed by the latest technological advances.
How has Nuance technology changed your app?
The presence of Nuance’s technology in the PrognoCIS iPhone app:
- Ensures that dictation is documented at the highest speed, which is 5x faster than the average typing speed.
- Provides cloud technology, and cloud-based sharing across devices and platform, as well as access to latest medical dictionaries, terms, phrases, and clinical formatting rules
- Implements HIPAA-compliant speech recognition, with speech-related data being communicated over 256-bit encryption channels to ensure end-to-end security
How does this particular app help remove the barrier between the patient and physician?
Our app makes it is easier for physicians to keep in touch with their patients by providing them with seamless access to view patient messages via the PrognoCIS Patient Portal, enabling them to stays in touch and reply to their messages in a timely fashion. This app also allows physicians to stay in close communication with other clinical staff and members of their care teams.
Does your app integrate with any patient-facing apps as well?
Yes. We are working on integrating it with patient portals on both iOS and Android devices.
Does it communicate with other health devices or apps?
We plan to build an interface with sensory devices that can track patients’ critical health parameters.
What is your vision for how this particular app can evolve over the next 5 years?
We have a progressive vision to integrate the PrognoCIS iPhone App with Surescript, and provide the features of prescribing medications (Rx) and refill requests to our eligible physician base.
Our goal is to integrate with any and all healthcare devices in order to synthesize data from disparate sources and help revolutionize healthcare.
In one sentence, tell us what you think the future of mobile health will look like.
We believe that the future of healthcare is being redefined by mobile healthcare strategies.