Congratulations Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy S series welcomed a new addition this evening with the unveiling of the Galaxy S4 in New York. We at Nuance are proud to have our technologies play such an integral role in an epic moment in Samsung history. S-Voice, S-Translator and S-Voice Drive leverage a broad range of Nuance’s capabilities including cloud based voice recognition, conversational dialog, natural language understanding, and text to speech.
With its sleek design and compelling features like S-Voice, S-Translator and S-Voice Drive, the Galaxy S4 will undoubtedly become one of the hottest Android devices in the market globally across North America, Europe and Asia.
At Nuance, we’re excited to see new S-Voice features, application domains, and languages, plus even better performance. S-Voice packs many of the must-have mobile assistant features and then some. Just speak naturally to dictate and send text messages and emails, search the web, update your calendar, find and play music, set your alarm and update your social status.
S-Voice includes a new expanded hands-free “driver mode” capability so it’s available to read text messages, confirm commands and take your dictation when you’re multitasking or hands-busy.
S-Voice leverages a broad range of Nuance’s capabilities including cloud based voice recognition, conversational dialog, natural language understanding, and text to speech.
The Galaxy S4 is yet another example of how Nuance’s innovation in voice, touch and natural language understanding is driving a world of personal assistant experiences and intelligent systems on the world’s leading devices. Redefining how we discover and share information and content – Nuance eliminates the complexities of technology to pave the way for more personal, dynamic relationships with our devices.
Here are some of the cool things you can say to S-Voice:
• “Driving Mode On”
• “Hi Galaxy Send a text message to Jimmy Stewart, Hi Jimmy, so what’s up with the neighbors?”
• “Get Matt on the phone”
• “Book a meeting tomorrow at 9 am to discuss the party”
• “What is the weather today”
• “How many ounces in a cup?”
• “Update my Facebook, Hey everyone I got a new job!”
• “How do I get to Cambridge from here?”
• “Remind me to pick up the tickets on my way home!”
• “Memo Don’t forget my wife’s birthday on Monday!”
• You can also hear incoming messages read aloud, respond and send a message – all hands free in Driving Mode.