For the second year in a row I had the pleasure of attending the Stevie® Awards for Sales and Customer Service this past Friday evening in Las Vegas. The event is focused on recognizing organizations worldwide that are making a positive impact on the sales, customer service and call center industry. It was wonderful to be surrounded by likeminded individuals who value the importance of using technology to create more meaningful customer experiences. I was honored to represent Nuance at the awards ceremony in which we were finalists, and chosen as winners, in six different categories from over 1,900 nominations.
When I take a step back and think about the diversity of the technology and customer deployments for which we took home awards, it strikes me how much of a difference our technology is truly making across the customer service landscape. Nuance was nominated for our voice biometrics deployment with Banco Santander Mexico, conversational IVR solutions with TalkTalk and Delta (as well as proactive engagement) and Nina Mobile implementations with Tangerine Bank, ING Netherlands, and Domino’s Pizza. One thing was clear though: the common thread through these varying solutions was that Nuance is making more seamless experiences that allow customer to quickly and easily get what they need from businesses. As we received each award throughout the evening, it was truly validating for me that Nuance is making a difference by enabling businesses to offer their customers unparalleled experiences. Congratulations to our customers and everyone involved in these exciting projects- your hard work and innovation has not gone unnoticed!
Related, we also send our congratulations to our partners at Delta Airlines and Oi who both won Gold Stevie Awards for their achievements in offering superb experiences to their customers.
Additional details on the six Nuance wins can be found in the press release and are included below:
- Nuance’s Conversational IVR and TalkTalk – Gold, Innovation in Customer Service (Telecommunications). TalkTalk partnered with Nuance to deploy natural language understanding technology in the IVR (interactive voice response) system, enabling customers to simply say in their own words why they are calling, to then be routed to the appropriate representative.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and Tangerine Bank – Silver, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services). Tangerine Bank is the first bank in Canada to offer a voice-controlled mobile app with their new voice banking feature using Nuance’s virtual assistant, Nina mobile, providing an innovative, simple and hands-free alternative for their customers to bank on the go.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and ING Netherlands – Silver, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services ). ING Netherlands utilizes Nuance’s Nina mobile to power Inge, the intelligent virtual assistant for mobile banking. Inge is able to derive a customer’s intent and execute the appropriate transaction, all through simple, conversational interactions.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and Domino’s Pizza – Silver, E-Commerce Customer Service Award. Domino’s Pizza utilizes Nuance’s Nina Mobile to power Dom, the customized virtual assistant within the Domino’s mobile app that lets customers simply speak, in natural language, to place their order.
- Nuance and Delta Air Lines – Silver, Customer Service Department of the Year. Nuance was honored with a Silver as the service provider for Delta’s Conversational IVR which is integral in providing an exceptional customer service experience. Using Nuance’s Conversational IVR, customers can simply speak when calling into the contact center to be routed to the appropriate agent. Delta also deployed Nuance’s proactive notifications to alert customers of important travel updates to their reservations. Related, Nuance congratulates Delta for winning the Gold Stevie Award for their overall excellence in Customer Service.
- Nuance’s Voice Biometrics and Banco Santander Mexico Bronze, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services). Banco Santander Mexico replaced PINs, passwords and security questions in their automated phone system with Nuance’s voice biometrics technology to securely and automatically confirm the identity of Santander customers, using the sound of their voice.