Nuance recently earned a place on the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.” We are proud to be recognized by Becker’s, and believe it affirms the steps we’ve taken to create a culture that supports, enables and empowers our employees to achieve their professional and personal goals. It also underscores our employees’ work and dedication during a time of continuous and accelerating industry change.
A recent McKinsey article states: “We live in an age of accelerating disruption. Every company is facing up to the profound changes wrought by digitization. Industry boundaries have become permeable. Data, algorithms and artificial intelligence are changing the nature of forecasting, decision making and the workplace itself. All this is happening at once, and established companies are responding by rethinking their business models, redesigning their organizations, adopting novel agile-management practices and embracing design thinking.”
Workplaces around the globe are transforming; successful leaders will embrace the uncertainty and see what they don’t know as an opportunity for learning and growth. They will question themselves and set a direction for journey vs. dictate steps to an objective. Above all, they will listen to employees and customers, and be open to what McKinsey calls ‘emergent possibilities’.
Creating and maintaining a great workplace in this age of transformation relies on many different factors, but when we reflect on what makes us a top place to work in healthcare, we consider and share the following management practices:
- Have a clear vision: Ensure that employees throughout the organization understand the company’s vision and, more importantly, believe in it, commit to it and make it happen.
- Listen: Listen to employees, customers, and shareholders to learn, build trust and strengthen relationships.
- Seek to understand: Know and understand the market and the products — understand they affect customers’ lives, practices and success.
- Measure growth along the way: Organizations and people that aren’t growing will not succeed. Be mindful of key performance indicators – every day – and grow.
- Be resilient: Disruption is happening all around us. “Inner agility,” as McKinsey describes, is a requirement. Resiliency steadies and energizes us to tackle new problems, uncover new paths and lead through change.
We remain dedicated to creating a working environment that delivers happy employees, customers, and business success during continuous and accelerating industry change. And, we are honored by Becker’s Healthcare recognition.