We are both proud and deeply humbled to be recognized as the #1 large software vendor in KLAS Research’s 2021 report, “Vendor Performance in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis.” KLAS conducted in-depth interviews between April 1 and December 31 last year with 6,300 clinicians and health system IT executives to assess how well their vendors helped them cope with the unique clinical and financial challenges of the pandemic.
The KLAS report noted that, “Nuance was ready in a variety of ways to help customers, from supporting a mobile, work-from-home workforce, to offering some customers free licenses to meet surge needs.”
Our actions included:
- Providing the free COVID-19 Content Pack with easy-to-use templates to help stressed care teams capture crucial data points for COVID-19 patients. Rather than require clinicians to repeatedly enter data for each case, the templates allow them to accurately and quickly capture patient acuity, the complexity of symptoms, and the risk of mortality.
- Creating and distributing via the cloud the Nuance® Dragon Ambient eXperience™ (DAX™) mobile app solution for telehealth, helping providers handle the enormous increase in virtual visits. Instead of physicians having to “tech toggle” between keyboard and computer screens during telehealth exams they stay focused on the patient knowing that DAX securely captures the interaction and creates clinical notes they can finalize and enter into the EHR.
- Enabling radiologists to work remotely with free 90-day add-on licenses for PowerScribe 360 Mobile Radiologist software with free virtual support and set-up.
- Expanding access to our PowerShare network to help providers view, manage, and share medical images and diagnostic reports.
- Offering free 90-day access to the Nuance AI Marketplace and VIDA’s FDA cleared LungPrint Discovery AI solution for PowerScribe One and PowerScribe 360 customers.
Those were among many steps that Nuance took nationally and locally to support customers, employees, shareholders and the healthcare community at large as the pandemic began. In a larger context, we were acting in accordance with our commitments to innovate and deploy “solutions in service of others” as stated in our inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report.
Provider comments from the KLAS report describe how our actions helped them:
- “When the pandemic began, Nuance was amazing. They provided us with additional people to help us without even asking.”
- “Nuance doesn’t charge us for every little thing. They try to avoid that because they know our resources are very limited, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.”
- “They are not charging us a bit. They are not going to double our payments for the next three months. They are going to eat the cost as a company. With things like that, we can really tell who is coming to the table.”
- “Nuance deserves kudos for what they have done. Creating the ability to use a phone to dictate through PowerMic Mobile instead of a microphone has been commendable.”
- “Nuance has really stepped up and helped us adapt their technology to a virtual encounter-based setting.”
- “Nuance did a really excellent job for us. The vendor gave us free licenses to use the product when we had to send our workforce home so that our doctors could work from home and continue to dictate.”
We’re proud of the recognition because it affirms how seriously we take our stated commitments to help customers with technical and practical innovations. We’re also proud of how rapidly and thoroughly our entire team acted to help customers persevere through this crisis while continuing to evolve our solutions portfolio to meet the challenges ahead.
But we are also deeply humbled. To us, the people who deserve the greatest kudos and appreciation are the healthcare professionals providing care while under enormous stress and often at risk themselves. No words can fully express our gratitude for how clinicians across the country gave stepped forward to ensure that patients received needed care.
To learn more about KLAS’ Vendor Performance in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis report and Nuance’s ranking, please click here.