The unfortunate reality of our time is that no one is exempt from cyber-attacks. In the legal sector, firms can mitigate the financial, legal, and reputational consequences of such breaches. Dragon Professional Anywhere, AI-powered speech recognition software for legal professionals, lets you focus on your legal business in a cyber landscape that is always changing.
According to the UK’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport’s Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2020, almost half of businesses (46%) reported cyber security breaches or attacks in the last 12 months. Law firms, as stewards of clients’ most sensitive and often legally privileged information, must be especially vigilant about cybersecurity. As conduits to billions of dollars of business transactions around the world, firms can be especially attractive cyber targets, with their clients’ data often the main focus of criminals’ intentions. A cyberattack on a law firm and resulting data security breaches can be devastating and may result in stiff legal and financial penalties, as well as serious damage to a firm’s reputation.
Enhancing data security is vital in scenarios where people are often using their home internet connections and consumer grade technologies that lack the security features office systems have. A shift to cloud based, SaaS working can improve data security significantly.
For those legal firms that have not yet tried speech recognition software, and for those using freeware or other solutions with which they are not entirely happy, this is the ideal time to try Dragon. Its accurate speech recognition is faster than typing. It is cloud based, offering advantages like easy and flexible deployment, scalability, and great support for collaborative working. It is ideally suited to the distributed workforce that is in place today, and data security features are deeply embedded.
Legal professionals can realize other key benefits of a cloud-hosted speech recognition solution, including:
– Easy deployment. Can be deployed remotely with no need for any work to be done on the end user device. This is the ideal method of software deployment to support home working.
– Easy to scale. Adding new seats and removing seats that are not required is easily done, and is a centralised process. There is no need for work to be done on the end user device, so again this suits home working.
– Compliance is assured. Nuance ensures that regulatory and legal requirements are met so that the local IT team is freed from the burden of ensuring this locally.
– Always up to date. Software updates are applied on an ongoing basis centrally and each user has access to the latest software version at all times, seamlessly.
– Security is assured. Dragon benefits from 256-bit encryption both when data is in transit and at rest.
– Supports consumer grade hardware. Because Dragon runs in the cloud it requires minimal local computing capability, and can be used on consumer grade hardware if necessary.
– Requires minimal bandwidth. Dragon requires an always-on internet connection, but the bandwidth needed is very low.
To learn more, read our white paper where we take a closer look at Dragon and the advantages it offers the legal sector. We draw on the findings of research we conducted within the sector in June 2020. Our aim was to identify the key issues lawyers in the UK and other countries were currently facing, to help us adapt our approach to supporting them. Read the report here.